Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 04, 2010 - My Jewel "Amber"


 My Jewel
"Amber"

What a jewel you have become
In this crown of mine
How very proud I am of who you are
As your own way you find

It seems it was just yesterday
You tried to walk before you crawled
While I was busy trying to run
Before I learned to walk

Somehow in the midst of all of this
You grew up and I grew old
And now I see you placing jewels
In your own crown of gold

Your paths not been an easy one
It has been an uphill climb
Yet you've grown tall and straight and true
And I'm so proud to call you mine

Neva Flores 2010

4 comments:

Kate Smedley said...

A poem full of love and a lovely tribute.

BBB said...

What a wonderful tribute! :)

Alex said...

Now I've got tears in my eyes, this is beautiful. It reminds me of a poem I was taught in primary school. We had to write the words and illustrate them with our palm prints. the finished pieces were mother's day gifts. I didn't pen the original, but I've remembered it for 25 years:

"There used to be so many of my finger prints to see,
On furniture and walls,
And things from sticky grubby me.

But if you stop to think a while
You'll see i'm growing fast.
Those little hand-prints disappear,
You can't being back the past.

So here's a small reminder,
To keep, not wipe away,
Of little hands and how they looked,
to make you smile some day."

My mum still has the poem.

Paramjit said...

Fantastic tribute. The words relayed the message perfectly. great as usual.