Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 06, 2010 - In So Much of You



In So Much of You

I've come here to explore
This menage you call your island
A place of refuge for your soul
And where your spirit is enlivened

Such an air of familiarity
I feel here in this place
Things unseen, as of yet, but known
Like the wind upon my face

I drift along in wonderment
To see what I can find
And what I discover here amazes me
So like the back of my mind

There are memories that I find here
Of which I thought were all my own
Feelings unshared with anyone
But myself when all alone

We all view ourselves as like no other
And we are all unique, this is true
But I have found
That we are not so very different
As I see myself, in so much of you

Neva Flores 2010

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We all are very different, but we also mirror one another in many ways.

phyllis said...

WE ARE SO ALIKE IN OUR DIFFERENCES; WILL YOU LEARN FROM ME, AS I LEARN FROM YOU, WILL YOU BE OPEN TO MY EXPERIENCE, AS I OPEN TO YOURS ?
WE GROW TOGETHER , LEARN TOGETHER- WE REMAIN TRUE TRUE TO OUR SELF .

BEAUTIFUL WORK, NEVA
YOU ARE TRULY YOURSELF-BRETHOUC.

Slim3057 said...

Beautiful Neva!