Monday, December 28, 2009

December 29, 2009 - Time




Time

Time it passes
Oh so fast
Life is at full speed
Yesterday I was a child
With few cares and needs

Our youth and beauty is but brief
Gone in the blink of an eye
Swirling downward like the sand
In the hourglass of time

We must live and laugh and love
And not forget to dance
Seek out by what we are most blessed
And not give discontentment
Even a second glance

The sands of time in my life
Will run their course one day
But this I pray with all my heart
That I will not forget
To live and laugh and love
And always smile and dance
All along the way

-Neva Flores 2009

2 comments:

catdozer said...

Time is what we make of it the third verse first line is the key Live, Laugh and most important Love. Neva has given us the hey to unlock our hearts.These three L's will enrich our lives.
Thank You Neva

Robert Miller said...

beautiful Neva, I am always amazed by how fast life seems to be when we look back.