Monday, December 7, 2009

December 07, 2009 - My Conscience


My Conscience

Deep inside my mind
I hear a still small voice
It speaks to my heart of things
Of which I have a choice

It is the voice I hear
When I think of what
I should or shouldn’t do
The voice of reason telling me
That to myself
I always, must be true

This still small voice I hear
When in anger
I wish to respond
It reminds me to be oh so still
And keeps me from the things
Of which I am not fond

That same small voice it speaks to me
When I am pressed for time
It tells me to listen patiently
To try to never be unkind
Be it friend or stranger
It makes no never-mind

If I should ever wake and find
That my still small voice
Has left my mind
That my heart has hardened
And grown so cold
I pray that I will be so ever bold
And that I will search to the end of time
Until my still small voice
Again I find
-Neva Flores

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Another great poem Neva. May none of us ever loose that still small voice.

Robert Miller said...

absolutely beautiful Neva.