Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 30, 2009 - For You I Am Still





For You I Am Still

Our hearts speak a language
Of our very own
We speak in a dialect
Of a great love once known

My Heart, My Twin
For you, I am still

Memories awash
In the back of our minds
Of a life together
That we must, live again

Who was I to you
What did we share
Our minds cannot recall
But our hearts, know it's there

Sweet memories
They haunt me
As I recall, touching your face
I cry even now, as I see you
As you walked away

My Heart, My Twin
I promised to wait
And I'll wait
A lifetime again

For You
I have always
Been Still

-Neva Flores 2009

3 comments:

phyllis said...

this is so honest, it hurts--- what a gift you have-

Robin Easton said...

Wow! What a heartfelt and honest way you have with expressing emotions and human experiences that I think we all relate to. Just stunningly starkly raw and beautiful. Hugs, Robin

Robert Miller said...

very poignant Neva, and intense laced with feelings.