Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 06, 2010 - Perception



Perception

I do not know you
And you do not know me
Our own perception
Is all that we see

I see black and white
You see shades of gray
Where I see hope
You walk away

I live by the old ways
You live by the new
Where I see light
Is darkness to you

Space and silence
Is something I need
Noise and attention
Your senses they feed

I may be wrong
You may not be right
One's perception of things
Is no reason to fight



Neva Flores * Copyright @ 01/06/10

4 comments:

catdozer said...

the perception can be cruel if one doesn't view through the others eyes and heart. speak with your heart after your mind has viewed this perception

Kate Smedley said...

That's so true, beautifully written.

phyllis said...

In just a few words you summed up what is so often the real difficulty in relationships ; the need to be able to see through the eyes of the other ,to hear the other heart . to feel with the other.

Robert Miller said...

Understanding each others perception can be eye opening. Your poem helps us see from the other persons shoes.